|Alt Mode||F-15 Eagle|
"If you look first, you may not leap."
The most fearless Aerialbot. He prefers to suddenly streak into a cluster of Decepticons, whether they're airborne or on the ground, over shooting at them from long range. "That always sparks their wires a bit," he laughs. Of all the Aerialbots, his tactics are the most fearless, although some might call them rash and foolish. No matter - his gung-ho, wild-eyed personality legitimizes either viewpoint. At the core of his actions is one goal that drives him above all else - he wants to have fun! And no matter what he's involved in, he achieves that goal - even in the middle of a war.
Air Raid can fly at speeds of up to Mach 2.5 and has a range of 1500 miles. He can shoot air-to-air heat-seeking missiles and, in robot mode, carries a torque rifle whose beam can apply up to 80,000 psi of rotational force to any object. Only the strongest materials can withstand warping and breaking under such pressure. He combines with his fellow Aerialbots to form the giant robot known as Superion.
- Raid is addicted to several MMOs.
- Raid enjoys handing out nicknames. He personally prefers Raid or Raider, but no one bothers. :(
- Raid has the smallest wheels out of all the Aerialbots (and everyone else.)
- Raid is voiced by: Nathan Vetterlein
- Air Raid is deeply impulsive, readily jumping into the fray or blurting what’s on his mind without much thought. This often makes him an unwitting contributor to plenty of problems, and he’s been chastised for it time and time again. There’s few mechs that can actually reach him, but if they can manage to chisel past the snark or scowl, he’ll listen and listen well.
- While he has the capacity to be a huge jerk, he’s still not as bad as Slingshot. He tries to be a pleasant guy to most, if they don’t openly mock him or threaten his mechliness (flying skill, little tires, etc), and cares at least moderately about how people perceive his morals. Bringing up his team’s initial dalliance with the Decepticons may very well end in a fight, though his temper can be painfully hair-trigger at times, so many disagreements end in fights anyway.
- Air Raid is war-forged like many of his brethren, built solely to fight. The concept of a life without battle is something he’s slowly coming to terms with, despite how unlikely he sees it to be. He takes the practice of managing fear very seriously, and enjoys seeing others overcome it. Naturally, being courageous is not the absence of fear - it’s making sure the fear doesn’t overwhelm.
- "Be wild but present. Be driven but focused. And don’t die."
- This doesn’t necessarily make Air Raid smart about it, however, as he doesn’t always know when he’s in over his head until it’s too late. His learning curve can be steep (see Blitzwing). For the most part, he’s aware of his own faults and knows he’s not a very good team player, though his team comes before the rest of the Autobots. Even if they’re the jerk squad.
- He still believes he has the potential to lead, but knows enough these days to obey orders from higher ranks. That’s not to say that he won’t get “fuzzy audials” in the heat of battle and not hear an order he doesn’t really want to follow.
Airwalk - Stan SB ♬
Backbone - There For Tomorrow ♬
Razorback - Unreal Tournament '99 ♬
Fighter X - HyperGiant ♬
5pirit - Superspink ♬
- Vindicator Destroys Panama - (April 2028) The Decepticons introduce Earth to the flying gestalt Vindicator, while the Autobots race to save the Panama Canal!
- Hephaestus: The Hijacking - To acquire resources for Fusillade's pet project (The Decepticon Airbase Argosy!), the Decepticons start by hijacking the UNS Supertanker Hephaestus, miles long and full of crude oil. The EDC is first to respond, but are forced to withdraw in the face of overwhelming Decepticon air power. The Autobots are next, with similar results.
- KNUJ Debate -
- Shard Hoppin' and Therapy -
- Defending Ayotzinco - The Autobots are defending Mexico but Scorponok is determined to take control of the city.
- Poetic Justice -
- Two on One in Death Valley -
- Spotlight: Fairway Ch.1 -
- Mirror Raid -
- Zarak's Wheel of FUN -
- From Sky to Lake -
- Faux-Seekers and Neglected Tanks -
- Patrols Gone Wild -
- Moondust and More -
- Grimlock's Training Session -
- Amazon Ambush -
- Crystal City Art Festival! - Crystal City celebrates its neutrality by showcasing the creations of Cybertron's citizens. Some of the art critics are MURDER, though.
- Don't pick on Seekers -
- The Zarbadon Generator - Galvatron orders Cyclonus to take a team of Decepticons to gather the next piece of his doomsday puzzle. Now with bonus creepy Boomslang action!
- The Search Continues -
- Soundwave and his tapes go scouting -
- Broke your Toaster -
- Isotope acquisition in the Andes -
- Broken Wing -
- This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things -
- Raidin' The Dungeon -
- No Resale Value -
- Bowled Over -
- First Lensman -
- Dude Looks Like a Lady -
- Galvatron falls? -
- Raid's Brain -
- So Hard to Keep Good Slaves Nowadays -
- A Trip to Torqulon, Part 1 -
- Two's a patrol three's a fight -
- A Trip to Torqulon, Part 2 -
- Raid on the Alpha Trion s3 -
- Rounding up the Strays -
- Better Left Behind -
- Oil Wells That Ends Well -
- Mission Mechanus: Jailbreak -
- Free-Fall Medicine -
- Crimson Dawn: The Light in the Dark -
- That's What Friends Are For -
- Angry Birds Is Not Productive -
- Training Room Shenanigans -
- Bugs on the Brain -
- Throw Us Away -
- Party In The ICU -
- Forest Rumble -
- Tarn Invasion -
- The Siege of Darkmount - The Autobots storm Darkmount in an attempt to break Galvatron's influence on Vector Sigma
- Breakfast -
- You Just Got 'Dis'd' -
- Torquefire - Air Raid and Torque's patrol is cut short when Blitzwing and his eager "partner" Backfire cross paths. Backfire falls into delusions about Torque, who ends up having to drag an unconscious Air Raid away. Impactor shows up to kick ass.
- And your little Nebs too! -
- No Mech Left Behind -
- Lessons of the Ego -
- Survivormech -
- Why You So Obsessed With Me -
- Freezeout's Got Legs and Backfire Knows How to Use Them -
- Security Measures -
- Free Sluggy! -
- I'm a Doctor! -
- Training Sim: Blurr and Hubcap vs. Grapple and Air Raid. And then Halligan. -
- Pacific Tag - Some competitive flying gets Air Raid schooled.
- Operation: Jasper -
- The Purging of Maximus - The Science Club cures Fortress Maximus of a Dark Energon infection.
- I Have No Gills (And Ikan Not Breathe) -
- Skydive to the Rescue - A medical tent encounter becomes unpleasant as Blitzwing and Blast Off harass Air Raid and Skydive, goading the former into rage. Unsurprisingly.
- Autobot FFA - A battle between the best, the brightest, and Swerve
- 2034 Olympics: So You Think You Can Dance - Blaster hosts the Olympannual dance competition!
- Insecticon Break-In - The Insecticons break in to Autobot City! Supposedly it's an event..
- Interrogating Kremzeek - Team FIRST RAID/AIR AID go to interrogate Kremzeek, and come back to Autobot City to find that the caskets in the mausoleum have been robbed! Blades goes crazy too!
- Mausoleum Investigation - Elita briefs Jazz and Blaster on the recent break-in, Insecticons being the suspect.
- Thunder Down Under - Air Raid, Skydive, and Melody Reynolds deal with a Decepticon Oz patrol.
- Coalition of the Brave: Battle for Cybertron - The Coalition of the Brave attacks Cybertron and Autobots and Decepticons must join forces to protect their homeworld.
- Ashes to Ashes, Rust to Rust - Hun-Grrr and Blast Off fight Air Raid and Whirl on the Oxide Dunes of the Rust Seas.
- Your New Prescription - Scorponok begins a campaign to rampage around the galaxy, destroying worlds that aided the Coalition of the Brave in The Cybertronian Potential!
- Dragons! Spaceships! Airplanes! Psychotic Helicopters! - Hun-Grrr and Blast Off are supposed to be picking up a crate and end of fighting Air Raid and Whirl instead.
- Kaon Confrontation - The Autobots are on a mission to plant an advanced sensor network in Kaon, but their efforts are hampered by a group of Decepticons who turn up to defend the city.
- Air Raid versus Contrail - King of Seekers - Air Raid and Contrail dogfight to see which of them will have a shot at being the King of Seekers! But what does being a Seeker even mean?
- Wrath of the Titans - The Combaticons infiltrate an American military facility, but the Aerialbots arrive to stop them!
- Everybody Con Con - Contrail tries to convince Air Raid to join Con Con Con.
- Taking Technology - Blast Off, Dustoff and Triggerhappy try to steal tech from a military base. Can Andi Lassiter, Melody Reynolds and Air Raid stop them?
- Cutting Remarks - Air Raid and Blades do a patrol on the Split-Arrow Trail.
- The Battle for Cuprahex - Cuprahex's shields are down, so the Autobots seize the day!
- Snowy Shenanigans - Autobot technicians test their latest inventions and weaponry way out on the tundra. The mechs that serve as security get sidetracked by a snowball fight.
- Auld Lang Syne - Bots and Cons bring in the New Year... rather unusually friendly-like, in some cases. Blame the booze.
- Crimson Dawn: Scapegoats - The Bots get flack for shooting down an unmanned but neutral transport.
- MY Domain - The crossing of flight paths lead to a frightening glimpse of Blast Off's not-so-civilized nature and Air Raid's lesson in "class". Buzzsaw assists/makes things worse.
- Five Faces of Mad Science - Brainstorm and Apocryphacius decide to take each other apart.
- Darkreach Wilderness - The Autobots and Decepticons battle it out in the treacherous wilderness of Cybertron's underground.
- Nova Cronum Chaos - Its all out warfare in Nova Cronum! But with two Autobot jets on the field, is there going to be a bit of rivalry?
- Unfettered: Mayhem in Mexico - I accidentally a campaign! Bots and Cons both investigate reports of Insecticon havoc!
- A Little Orbital Annihilation - Blast off finally gets to use his orbital bombardments- from orbit! Americon... er, helps, and Air Raid tries to halt the destruction.
- Death to Blast Off - Blast Off has been drawing the ire of a lot of 'bots lately, for a lot of reasons. Air Raid's rallying has them in the heart of Decepticon territory to try and kill him off, and it's a very, very bad idea.
- Breaking Lines - Autobots are hunting down a Decepticon supply line that's using the energies of the Cobalt Plains and clever camouflage to go undetected. All hell breaks loose when Soundwave starts confusing everyone!
- Epic Bar Brawl at the Steel Balloon - A quiet, personal discussion between Arcee and Springer doesn't quite go as planned, and serves as the catalyst to an epic bar brawl which will surely go down in history as one of the Steel Balloon's most epic throwdowns!
- Gone to Ground - The Autobots get tricky with the evil Nebulan Zavos!
- Nova Cronum Infiltration - Autobots try to infiltrate Nova Cronum and leave spying devices while Decepticons deal with security, wine shops, and a whole lot of Con channel chatter.
- 2/3/3/3 Isn't Bad. - Don't tick off Sky Lynx, that is all!
- The Runners - Overlord forces the Autobots and Decepticons into a deadly race!
- Backfire and the Date of DOOM! - Having bested Torque in one on one combat, Backfire has arranged for their date in Iacon's own Maccadam's Old Oil House!! Attempting to woo her onto the Decepticon side, the Seeker simpleton fails and attempts to poison her instead. Special guest appearance of a Wrecker AND lots of Autobot channel chatter.
September '09 - Paperwolf12
August '12 - Paperwolf12