Transformers 2005 is one of the oldest MUSHs currently around -- over 10 years old -- so we have built up a lot of information! If you are a new player coming here for the first time, take a look at our NewPlayerGuide - it will guide you through the essential info files, as well as point you in the right direction for when you are ready for more research.
- Admin - Anything and everything you need to know about the staffers of the MUSH.
- Basics - Basic communication, channels, bulletin boards, radio and paging, mail, formatting and color!
- Objects - How to make in-game objects or "homes".
- TinyPlots - All about the RP events run by staffers and players alike.
Theme! Theme is the canon setting, tone, atmosphere and general rules of the universe in which we role-play. It's essentially the lore of the Transformers 2005 universe.
Transformers 2005 began in the (IC) year 2005 (1995, OOCly!), a month after the events in Transformers: The Movie. If you haven't seen it, it's a good idea to find a quick synopsis - your best bet is wikipedia. Many years have passed in the MUSH universe since then (check them out!), and many events have shaped the theme of the game. Just the same, there are a few topics that have remained constant and canon, and they're good to know for immersion! The only canon that's certain is the canon seen in this movie - other episodes of the cartoon may or may not have happened, often on a case by case basis.
The MUSH tends to center around the battle between the heroic Autobots and the would-be conquerors, the Decepticons, two warring factions of transforming robots from the planet of Cybertron. Usually, Rodimus Prime leads the Autobots while Galvatron leads the Decepticons, although there are occasional upsets. Human members of the Earth Defense Command aid the Autobots with the use of high-tech vehicles, while the Junkions, a semi-independent faction of Transformers from the planet Junk, also fight for the forces of good alongside their Autobot allies. Meanwhile, the Quintessons, an alliance of human villains called the MECH, and other assorted troublemakers tend to cause headaches for both factions.
On Earth the Autobots and, of course, the humans have the strongest foothold, alongside Metroplex, although the Decepticons, with their powerful mobile base Trypticon, can still muster enough firepower on that planet to regularly endanger their opponents. On Cybertron, the forces are slightly more even, although the Decepticons usually have an edge on that planet. Cybertron itself has been moved into a new solar system, and has not one but two suns. Charr is held completely by the Decepticons without contest.
- Factions - Autobots, Decepticons and everything in between.
- Subspace - A popular technology that allows matter to be stored in subspace pockets. It's also used by Cybertronians to reduce alt mode kibble in root mode.
- Energon - The source of fuel for said Cybertronians!
- Cybertronian Creation - How Cybertronians are created.
- Races - A small list of the known races within the game's universe.
- Locations - Locations that can be found on the game's grid.
- Space - Spaaaace. And how it's set up on the grid.
- Timeline - Summaries of the MUSH's IC history.
- Combiners - Also known as gestalts or special teams!
- All About Characters - covers applying for Feature Characters, time requirements for keeping said character, and limits on playing multiple characters.
- Application - The application required to get a character!
- Pre-App Rules - Some things you may need to know before applying.
- Original Characters - applies to players who want to create their own Original Character (OC). This page covers the pricing process for distributing Character Points (CP) used to build your OCs stats, abilities, and attacks.
- Unlisted FCs
- Advancement - This page covers how to use Advancement Points (AP) -- earned through roleplaying and being an active MUSH participant -- to upgrade the stats, abilities, and attacks of their Original Characters, or of the GettingCharacters they are currently playing.
- OC Ideas - Ideas and concepts for original characters from our playerbase. Handy!
- Overdone - Ideas that you might want to avoid or are outright rejected.